For sixty minutes I will share the experience of the entire planet, or certainly those with access to a light switch. Make a date for 8.30pm on Saturday 27 March 2010, to turn out the lights, and show support as hundreds of millions of people around the world do likewise in a call to every individual, every business, and every community to stand up, show leadership and be responsible for our future.
“Earth Hour is an opportunity for every man, woman and child from all corners of the globe to unite and show the world that by working together we can win the battle against global warming,”
Plan your candle lit hour of peace and JOIN the world’s most iconic landmarks that have confirmed their participation in Earth Hour.
· Big Ben and Houses of Parliament in London,
· Edinburgh Castle in Scotland,
· Eiffel Tower in Paris,
· Trevi Fountain in Rome and Leaning Tower of Pisa,
· India Gate and Red Fort in Delhi,
· Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe,
· Bosphorous Bridge in Istanbul
· Hohensalzburg Castle in Salzburg,
· Independence Angel in Mexico City.
· The Pearl Tower in Shanghai
. Table Mountain in Cape Town.
They join a comprehensive list of the world’s great man-made marvels and natural wonders which will plunge into darkness for Earth Hour contributing to a historic moment in the climate landscape.